Public School 84 Queens was originally constructed between 1904 and 1906. Over the years, corrosion and ad hoc repair resulted in the removal of much of the architectural detailing. The building’s masonry enclosure was completely replaced with a modern masonry curtain wall assembly. Cast stone replicas replaced most of the decorative terra cotta pieces while glass fiber-reinforced concrete helped produce a historically accurate cornice. All damaged interior finishes were replaced. The work restored the building to landmark quality.